Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lesson Plan

I didn't have a partner for my lesson plan, but I think I did really well. The only problem I seemed to have was coming up with a topic. Once I did that everything just came together. I decided that I was going to teach the class about the different parts of speech. I am going to use a powerpoint and a in class activity. I think my presentation is going to go good and the class is going to learn alot.

I have enjoyed taking this course. I have learned many things that I did not know about technology. CK is a fantastic professor. I enjoyed coming to this class every Monday and Wednesday and learning about different ways to use technology in the classroom. This course gave me many ideas about what I want to do when I finally get into my own classroom and start teaching.

The only thing that I think should be different is that I did not like having that many group projects. One to two group projects is fine, but I did not like having three. That is why I did my lesson plan alone, because when we present the lesson plan we are suppose to be teaching the class. I thought it would be helpful for me to do this on my own, since when I am going to start teaching I will be all by myself.

I have learned many things from this class. One thing that I learned was how to use wikis. I had never used one before and I thought it was a great idea. Also I got to have a refresher course on all the other programs. One of them was Microsoft Powerpoint, I had not used Powerpoint since I took BCIS in high school. It was great getting to learn new things. I never learned how to put music and a youtube video in a powerpoint.

I do think that all teachers should know how to use technology in the clasroom. Our students are going to be of the technology generation, which means we are going to need to find different ways to keep them interested. The best way for teachers to be able to accomplish this is to use the technologies that these kids are use to. I know that money can be an issue with many of the technologies that students are use to, but using blogs and having a wiki project would not cost the school anything. I believe that if there is a way for teachers to use technology in the classroom they should.

1 comment:

  1. Thank u so much, April!

    I think you are a very, very good student and you are going to be a fantastic teacher too. :)

    CK

    ReplyDelete