Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week 4: Thoughts on Excel

I am more use to using Microsoft Word, but I enjoy using Excel. I really liked what I learned this week in class, some of the things I didn't know or didn't remember. It was nice to have a refresher course in Excel. I can see me using this in my classroom, especially when I am calculating grades.

Teachers use the Spreadsheet for their gradbook, it is an easy way to keep up with grades, and calculate them. I can see myself using Spreadsheet rather than the calculator, because the Spreadsheets can calculate averages simlutaneously. This helps save time for teachers, so they can get back to planning lessons and getting ready to teach. I like all the primary functions of a Spreadsheet. It is an organized way to store information, and as I have already said it helps teachers calculate grades at the end of the semester, and for business it is an easy way to look at a lot of information by using the graph and charts. I cannot think of anything else that the spreadsheet can be used for because I think those three cover everything.

April Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment